Projects at CIM
Our aim is to display interdisciplinary research projects that are performed within the research areas that CIM covers. Apart from providing project visibility, this can also make it easier to locate potential collaborators, or for students, potential advisors.
To suggest your project for the list, please send an email to Elisabeth Larsson with project title, project area (e.g. Machine Learning), project web page (if available), and contact person. Projects that are deemed to fall outside of the scope of CIM will not be added.
- Efficient numerical methods for Glacial Isostatic Adjustment models, contact person Maya Neytcheva
- Geohydrologi, contact persons Fritjof Fagerlund and Auli Niemi, involves CIM PhD student Fredrik Hellman
- Ice Sheet Modeling, contact person Per Lötstedt
- Multiscale problems and uncertainty quantification, contact person Axel Målqvist, involves CIM PhD student Fredrik Hellman
- Multiphase flow simulations, contact person Gunilla Kreiss
- Numerical methods for Quantum Dynamics, contact person Sverker Holmgren
- Wave propagation, contact person Gunilla Kreiss, involves CIM PhD studentMartin Almquist
Financial Mathematics, Financial statistics, Computational Finance
- Computational finance, contact person Lina von Sydow
- Mathematical finance, contact person Erik Ekström
- Computational Financial Statistics - model selection and estimation, contact person Josef Höök.
- Development, Simulation and Statistical Analysis of Inelastic Electron Scattering Theory, contact person Kristiaan Pelckmans.
- Linking social behavior to the brain (KAW, 2013-2018), contact person Kristiaan Pelckmans.
- Adaptive Modeling and Online Learning for Data Processing (VR 2011-2016), contact person Kristiaan Pelckmans.
- Parallel algorithms in imaging of biomolecules with X-ray lasers, contact person Stefan Engblom.
- Tessellation based multi-class density estimation, contact person Mike Ashcroft.
- Density estimation of archaeological remains for the Östlänken transport corrider, contact person Mike Ashcroft.
Mathematical Biology, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics
- Collective Behaviour, contact person David Sumpter, involves CIM PhD students Arianna Bottinelli, Shyam Ranganathan and Natalia Zabzina
- Computational systems biology, contact person Per Lötstedt, involves CIM PhD students Zahedeh Bashardanesh and Anel Mahmutovic
- Numerical methods for analysis of complex traits, contact person Sverker Holmgren
- Contact persons: Jesper Rydén, Rolf Larsson, Silvelyn Zwanzig